FA Heading Guidelines
Recently you may have heard that the English Football Association have introduced new heading guidelines on heading in an effort to get in front of the growing concern in sports of head injuries.
Its important to note you may see a change in training and difference in emphasis on attack in games to accommodate this as a result.
The recently issued FA Heading Guidelines for for players is as follows..
• Heading guidance in training for all age groups between under-six and under-18
• No heading in training in the foundation phase (primary school children)
• Graduated approach to heading training for children in the development phase between under-12 to under-16
• Required ball sizes for training and matches for each age group
• No changes to heading in matches, taking into consideration the limited number of headers in youth games
To read more about this in full click here to read about it on the FA site